MAICO 2020 GRATITUDE MONTH
The Madison Area Intergroup Central Office (MAICO) celebrates Gratitude Month each November.
MAICO includes a central office, a Board made up of AA members representing area groups and service committees which help carry the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers across southern Wisconsin.
Your contributions to MAICO will help ensure the hand of A.A. is always available in person at the office, on the phone 24 hours a day and through our website aamadisonwi.org.
The pandemic has created a unique set of challenges and we are grateful for contributions to MAICO that have supported:
- 2,600 Calls answered by office staff and volunteers providing assistance to sick and suffering alcoholics
- Hundreds of Online meetings set up and available as many of our physical meeting locations remain closed
- 80+ call requests for 12-step volunteers to providing assistance to newcomers for their first meeting.
- Live Chat help provided to over 100 individuals.
- Over 102,000 visits to the MAICO website for meeting and event information with more than half a million page views.
- Online ordering of literature made available with a new website design with more products being added soon.
- Quarterly MAICO gAAzette newsletter has a new look and has been downloaded hundreds of times.
For more information about MAICO or to get involved contact us at:
608-222-8989 (24 hours!)
How do I get gratitude month contributions to MAICO?
- You can send the donations by check by mail or cash in person to the MAICO office or – contribute online with credit card, PayPal, or by Venmo @AAMadisonWI.
Do I “Split” gratitude month contributions?
- No, gratitude month contributions should be solicited in addition to regular group 7th tradition contributions and are designated for MAICO only.